It is recommended to clean the MatTek bottom, especially for super-resolution/single-molecule imaging. I use BRANSON ultrasonic cleaner 1800.
- make 1:12 detergent solution from the BRANSON cleaning solution (or Alconox, etc). I add 25 ml 1:12 cleaning solution to 275 ml deionized water.
- Degas for 5 minutes.
- Place MatTeks (only the bottom is enough) inside a beaker with the cleaning solution and sonicate for 10 minutes.
- Place beaker with deionized water and degas for 5 minutes. In the meanwhile, rinse MatTeks with deionized water and temporary place in another beaker with deionized water.
- Sonicate MatTeks for 10 minutes in in the degassed, deionized water.
- Drain and lightly spray with Ethanol. Drain and place in tissue culture hood.